16 November 2015

*INTENSITY INTENSIFIES*

This week was absolutely insane! Lots of very interesting stuff happened. Let's start with the most important and then move to a random list of happenings.
     Marcia got baptized on Saturday and was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on Sunday November 15th, 2015. She will be an amazing member and has a solid testimony. She was found in the area book by Elder Patrick and Elder Porter. She had been taught before, but never got baptized and was lost in the craziness of transfers and such. They picked her back up and she has been waiting for the missionaries to come back for a while.
     Last week Monday I had the opportunity to eat kidney, and man it was cooked very well cause i just thought it was beef until about halfway through someone said "THIS KIDNEY IS SO GOOD!" and I half choked, but kept on eating cause it didn't matter to me, it tasted good! I have gotten over a lot of my food phobias here already. I'll try anything and keep trying it if it's good!
     Throughout the week, we had a lot of bike problems... One of our bikes was always broken and we couldn't/ can't do work in our area without bikes (due to the space we cover...) so we ended up spending three days out of this week working on bicycles on and off. We did get some lessons in but it was rough.
     On Friday we set up chairs for an all-of-a-sudden funeral on Saturday morning. Then on Saturday morning we were at the funeral. Apparently the woman who had passed on was a political figure, because the Prime Minister of Jamaica made an appearance. What was even more cool is that my companion and I were integrated into her bodyguard force and made sure the building was secure! It was cool to be able to say we did. Definitely something not as whole lot of people can say they did. :) After the funeral, we had to run home (broken bikes, remember?) a few miles to get the baptismal clothing and reach back to the church on time for Marcia's baptism that she and her friend showed up to 2 hours early!!! Sunday and today my legs were(are) dying. I haven't run in my new 170 pound body yet, and I don't remember the last time I ran in my old 130 pound body. I wouldn't recommend it! The whole week was LOOOONG and took forever, but there were so many cool things that happened. Lots of things I never expected to do out on a mission.
   
My house full of crazies. Me, Elder Banton from Linstead, Elder Stolp from South Africa and Elder Porter from Mesa, Arizona.
 My son! I'm such a proud mother!
 Cats on my lap
 Me and cats
 More cats

Elder Porter, Marcia, Me, Shirley (Marcia's friend, taking lessons now), and Bishop Reid

     I know this church is true and I know the blessings of this gospel DO come to those who are obedient and endure. The Book of Mormon is TRUE and it was translated by Joseph Smith, by the gift and power of God. Thomas S. Monson is the true and living prophet today and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only church on the earth with the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ suffered for my sins and He is the only way we can return to live with our Father in Heaven again. Jesus Christ is my Savior. In His name I bear my testimony, amen.